Friday, July 3, 2015

Senses working overtime #11


1 In celebration
Here's the Guardian's picture of the day - sunrise over the Lake District. Superb. Spellbinding. Those were just words and they don't do justice to the beauty of this photo. Love it!

2 Technology and storytelling
This long read by John Lasseter contains a lot of wisdom that can be applied to many fields - including teaching.

3 Star Wars wisdom
I LOVE the Star Wars films. I use them and their wisdom as examples in my daily life and in my teaching (ask my students!) and so I was a sucker for this article. I can't believe he didn't use the greatest line from Phantom Of Menace - your focus determines your reality, but the rest is pretty spot on!

4 Back To The Future
Speaking of great movies. I loved this OTT piece on Robert Zemeckis' great film. Just as a great article should - it made me want to watch the film again (my kids also loved it growing up so it's definitely a Dumbo movie at our house).

5 Gene Vincent 1956
Reading Mark Lewishohn's great great great (times a million) first volume of Beatle history (Tune In) has moved me go back to those songs that inspired John, Paul, George and Ringo. 

The subversive Gene Vincent clearly made an impression. He's one scary dude!!


Overtime
Jacky and I have just discovered Fringe. It's from J.J. Abrams. The genius. It's. AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment