Friday, June 26, 2015

Senses working overtime #10

1 Take time
I like this 'stop and smell the roses' idea - stealing time.

2 The future photograph



I was talking with Fran about the value of the photograph in these digital days and then I read this erudite explanation of what's happening with photos these days. Serendipitous.

3 Learning to let go 
I enjoyed reading this passage from a short article about building a bridge:
Be humble. Do not boost your ego. Know that your existence cannot be stopped because of one incident or two or three or four. You are in this body to fulfill a purpose in life. To complete a task. To accomplish something greater than yourself. To transcend. Your existence is extremely powerful. Let the wounds heal. Fight the battle with yourself and come out on the top. The goal of life is to progressively become egoless. Know that you only have to answer to yourself. 

4 Lost gentleman traditions
I like to think chivalry's not dead (it just smells that way).

5 Blackfield
The Purdmobile has been grooving to Blackfield in general this week, and Blackfield II in particular and My Gift Of Silence even more in particular!!




Overtime: Not sure if he does or not. I have no idea how it's doctored if it is. I prefer to think he does really do this and then go  WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment