Friday, May 25, 2018

Senses working overtime #161

1 London bound
Photo by David Dibert on Unsplash
My wife and I (plus Jerry our dog) will be living in London from August onwards as I've accepted a new job. I love London. To help celebrate check out that photo!

2 Fascinating hats!
If you live on Planet Earth you were aware of the royal weeding, er, wedding, last week. 

Here is my contribution (hey - I loved it. And yes, I may have got something in my eye at some point okay!)




3 Wow reality - what a concept



Another JFTT item on Robin Williams - a piece looking at the new biography is great for the photos alone!

4 Brain Pickings - on music



Maria Popova (great name) writes the Brain Pickings blog. Here she compiles some great writing from some great minds (including Anaïs Nin above) on the power of music.

5 Poetry corner

Curaçao

I think I am going to love it here

I ask the man in the telegraph office
the way to the bank
He locks the door and walks with me
insisting he needs the exercise

When I ask the lady at my hotel desk
what bus to take to the beach
she gets me a lift with her beautiful sister
who is just driving by in a sports job

And already I have thought of something
I want to ask the sister

Earle Birney (1966)


Overtime: You Never Can Tell



I'm digging The Immortal Jukebox blog and its unhurried unravelling style. It's run by a fellow baby boomer hepcat with the improbable name - Thom Hickey. 

In that link above, he takes on Chuck Berry's You Never Can Tell. Fabulous!

And that's us - been an awesome week. Wherever this blogpost finds you I hope you experienced some highs this week. If not - despair not, next week is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment