Friday, April 5, 2024

Senses working overtime #465

1 Autumn at Maple Grove this week




2 Listening: WTWMC True Colours




We're now doing our hair colour (silver and grey) - Kev's choice.


3 Reading: Bleak House


Up to page 274, nearly half-way.


4 Watched: The Gentlemen





We finally finished the second set of 4 episodes. I liked it, but didn't love it. The Susie Glass and Bobby Glass characters were superbly played though.


5 Reading: Fifty failures by great directors




Overtime: On failure

"When my brother and I were growing up, my father would encourage us to fail. We'd sit around the dinner table and he'd ask, "What did you guys fail at this week?" If we had nothing to tell him, he'd be disappointed. The logic seems counterintuitive, but it worked beautifully.

He knew that many people become paralyzed by the fear of failure. They're constantly afraid of what others will think if they don't do a great job and, as a result, take no risks. My father wanted us to try everything and feel free to push the envelope. His attitude taught me to define failure as not trying something I want to do instead of not achieving the right outcome."

Entrepreneur Sara Blakely 

No comments:

Post a Comment