Friday, April 2, 2021

Senses working overtime #308

1 Blast from the past



This is from 10 years ago - a staff meeting at Ali bin Abi Taleb school where I was lead advisor. My translator (Hisham) is on my right, the Principal is on my left. Some absolutely amazing people in this photo who I think about often.

2 Joe E. Covington's Fat Fandango on Grunt Records


I've been after this for a few years and finally found a copy at Real Groovy. Joe (named Joey on their sleeves) was the drummer in Jefferson Airplane 1970-1972 (after Spencer Dryden and before John Barbata) and this was his only solo album. He died tragically, in a car accident in 2013.

3 Brand X - Running On Three

4 Advice from strangers



"Instead of asking, 'Do you have any questions?' I ask, 'What questions do you have?' The first almost always results in silence, while the second helps people feel comfortable asking questions."

More here.

5 Sappho

You may forget but
let me tell you
this: someone in
some future time
will think of us. 

—Sappho

Overtime: 

George Bernard Shaw said, “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” Every process of transformation begins in the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment