Saturday, February 23, 2019

Senses working overtime #200

1 Okay - here we are at the 200th edition. 

Wow - they mount up.


What does this mean? Well, it means that for the last 200 weekends I have posted on this blog. pretty cool huh!

Here's where they all started, 199 posts ago, with the very first one.

2 James Russell Lowell 



American Romantic poet, critic, editor, and diplomat, James Russell Lowell would have been 200 years old on March 22. Clearly, no one lasts forever!

No, I hadn't heard of him either. So here's some bio, and one of his poems: The First Snowfall.

Peter Tork



One of my BFFs alerted me to the passing of Monkee Peter Tork. Like The Fabs, there are now only two Monkees left. 

James Acaster


Love JA on Would I Lie To You, so snapped this (Classic Scrapes) up from Waterstones. I'm annoying Jacky by reading it as I laugh out loud all the time and want to read out bits to her. It's a blast!

Three Amigos

Heidi Allen, Sarah Wollaston and Anna Soubry

I was buoyed by the news of Tory defections and Labour defections this week - great to know that a whiff of principle and integrity still appears to have a place in British politics.

Overtime Private Universe
I love this Neil Finn song (done when he was a Crowded Housemate), reminds me of growing up in Auckland and sums up what this blog is all about in its own way.

I came across the Farewell concert CD at Flashback Records and lapsed into full on childhood nostalgia while listening to it this morning. Can't think of a more appropriate place to end the 2ooth JFTT post than in my Private Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment