Friday, June 22, 2018

Senses working overtime #165

1 Poetry leads off SWO  #165, shock, horror!


Photo by Edgar Chaparro on Unsplash

Crossing

The water is one thing, and one thing for miles.
The water is one thing, making this bridge
Built over the water another. Walk it
Early, walk it back when the day goes dim, everyone
Rising just to find a way toward rest again.
We work, start on one side of the day
Like a planet’s only sun, our eyes straight
Until the flame sinks. The flame sinks. Thank God
I’m different. I’ve figured and counted. I’m not crossing
To cross back. I’m set
On something vast. It reaches
Long as the sea. I’m more than a conqueror, bigger
Than bravery. I don’t march. I’m the one who leaps.

Jericho Brown (2018)


2 Shetland

Jacky and I have been getting more and more absorbed in this show. After the mesmerising Scottish accents and the slowish pace have been assimilated, it's an ever growing joy with great characters and storylines! 

Warmly recommended!!

3 Magic 
My ipod is getting a break from booming out Radio Wozza so I've momentarily returned to the radio. Given we're in a mountainous area the signals of all but one radio station waft and wane. Never fear - Magic comes in loud and clear via Rodney (a district dahn sarf a bit). Its playlist is drawn from the 50's, the 60's, and the 70's.

Sadly the adverts are mostly aimed at an older demographic, but the sounds are grrrrreat!

Here's one I heard this morning that instantly brought a smile to my face...




4 FIFA World Cup 2018 (part 1)
Hey, I held off until number 4! C'mon!!



Here's your complete guide to all 736 players who started the World Cup (you'll need to minus one Croatian who's been sent home). 

Check out Messi's rating - sure to take a tumble as I write!

5 FIFA World Cup 2018 (part 2)



The good and the bad summarised from week 1. Bring on week 2!

Overtime - Worry? What me?


This article with its seven mindfulness tips will come in handy as I run through my prep for flying in August to the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment