Saturday, January 30, 2016

Senses working overtime #41

Well well well - here I am back in Nu Zild again. Airports and planes are a riot of senses.

Hence the lateness of this edition - I'll never understand what happens to time on a flight from London to Auckland!!

The worst noise was at the Domestic terminal back in NZ waiting for a flight to Napier. What a racket! I had to leave - it was that bad!

Anyway - here we go with some delights for the 41st time. Wow - these things mount up!

1 Refugees
The crisis may have dwindled in terms of news reports but this is still dire times throughout the middle east and Europe. This article gives a break down on the flow of humanity heading to Europe. It's scary!!

2 High50
I should visit this site more.  It's pretty cool.

3 Control

I have learned (slowly and painfully) to trust pilots of airplanes. Actually it's more that I have slowly and painfully realised that control is an illusion. I like this piece.

Doing the London Eye was an exercise in relinquishing control!

4 Another list about living
I'm an all day sucker for these kinds of lists.

5 Star Wars at Disneyland
While in LA we visited Disneyland again - happiest place on Earth? You betcha. While there we did the Star Wars stuff (the movie hadn't been released yet) and it was wonderful!

Overtime: Books
Nicely written piece on eavesdropping and reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment