Friday, September 11, 2015

Senses working overtime #21

1 Writing

I've finished Murakami's Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki. It's a fantastic book. One of my all time Murakami favourites. Coincidentally I came across this quote about his writing regime. It deserves to be shared:

“When I’m in writing mode for a novel, I get up at 4:00 am and work for five to six hours. In the afternoon, I run for 10km or swim for 1500m (or do both), then I read a bit and listen to some music. I go to bed at 9:00 pm. I keep to this routine every day without variation.”

2 Speaking of morning rituals...
I read about Morning Pages recently and it made sense. I post on one of my blogs every morning before the daily grind kicks in. Since my wife gave up working nights I have had to adjust from night time writing to morning. 

Confession time - it's more of a struggle to get myself going there but I'm happy with the discipline involved.

3 London town
The current Mrs Purdzilla and I are planning a holiday back to London at Christmas this year. My juices are flowing!

The first thing we do after landing at Heathrow is grab a coffee at Costa, find that day's Guardian and plan our next move which usually involves putting on layers of clothes and heading to the Underground. 

I. Love. The. Underground!

It really opens up my senses - weird this - but I love the smell of the Underground! I also love that first moment when the train comes out of the journey into London above ground for a spell. It's like waking up in Narnia!

4 London sounds
Thought I'd throw this version of Chris Difford's immortal London tale Up The Junction into this edition on Jewels:




Star Wars Now


Loving this mash up style photo and link to Star Wars now photography sent to me by my favourite daughter-in-law. Cheers Ashleigh!

Overtime: I've been dipping into this article on habits all week - trying to do some self diagnosis!! It links to number two item above quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment