Friday, September 4, 2015

Senses working overtime #20

1 Limitless
Before the ink was even dry on Senses Working Overtime #19 I came across this wonderful piece about designing the artwork (a.k.a. cover) to Ajaz Ahmed's new book (the Velocity wunderkind). Some initial plans are below. 
The design process is fascinating and I loved reading how the audience and other considerations are factored into a cover. Great stuff!!

2 Eatsa
I already love San Francisco but here's another reason why.

3 Mindfulness
Feel like taking a breath and looking around at your world? Me too. Here's something to read while you contemplate that idea.

4 New sounds
had a visit to JB HiFi in Palmerston North during the week. Stocked up!! Including this from Jamie xx. I'd read a Mojo review of the album (In Colour) and it was positive, plus I like XX. That helps. And YES - I still visit bricks and mortar music shops, I still browse the racks and YES I still buy CDs. I'm a freak, I know.



5 Star Wars toys
Okay, while I'm confessing - YES I would love (LOVE) some of these new Star Wars action figures that have been just released to tie in with The Force Awakens.

Overtime - Graham Brazier's death won't register much on a world scale but for kiwis of a certain age who lived through Hello Sailor in their Stonesy prime it will be sad news. My mate Greg included this on his blog - a link to the news story and a clip of Blue Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment