Friday, August 7, 2015

Senses working overtime #16

1 The Fabs
My mate Greg Semmens (rhymes with lemons) alerted me to this - What goes on. It's amazing in its awesomeness and attention to bizarre detail. Some of it is a little suss but you have to admire the sheer anal retentiveness of the site.

2 Celebrating the mixtape
I'm NOT a fan of cassettes at all BUT I did love making mixtapes back in the day for friends and family. I still own one made by my English cousin at the end of the seventies which includes some great cutting edge punk singles that she was into then.

Anyway - here's a quick read on why mixtapes are a fantastic (lost) art form. 

3 Brian Wilson
I love Brian, The Beach Boys music, and John Cusack, a lot, but I have no intention of actually watching the recent movie about him. I suspect it's like all the other music bios ever made - naff!

This poster, however, is truly fab!



4 5 and (extreme) Overtime SOUNDS
Generally speaking my ears have had a wake up call this week as I unpacked boxes of records and boxes of CDs in our new house. Here's a three shot of my listening pleasure as I did so:

No comments:

Post a Comment