Friday, December 29, 2023

Senses working overtime #451

1 Feeling this (Christmas) week




2 Reading: Ben Sanders - The Devils You Know




Holidays are not complete without a Ben Sandars novel.


3 Reading: Billy Connolly - Rambling Man




4 Listening: Crosby Stills & Nash - Guinnevere (live in Santa Cruz 1989)




5 Watched: Leave The World Behind




We enjoyed this one - unusual, thought provoking with excellent acting and a well disguised ending.


Overtime: Predictions


Wilbur Wright, who worked with his brother to create the first successful airplane, on predicting the future:

"I confess that, in 1901, I said to my brother Orville that men would not fly for 50 years. Two years later, we were making flights. This demonstration of my inability as a prophet gave me such a shock that I have ever since refrained from all prediction."

Source: Speech at Aero-Club de France (1908)​​

No comments:

Post a Comment