Friday, October 15, 2021

Senses working overtime #336

 1 Fab FABS


I'm loving my super deluxe new version of Let It Be. In some ways it's one of the least loved of Beatle records by fans but as it was the one that came out when I was 13, it had a great impact on me - all the Lennon banter, One After 909, the guitars on Let It Be, George's comment in For You Blue, the lyrics of Across The Universe...I love this album!! Now it's in super deluxe mode with a double album of outtakes and Glyn Johns' rejected, warts and all, mix from 1969 and more.


2 Don't Let Me Down

Incredible that my favourite Beatle song OF ALL TIME is all over this new super deluxe package but when the official/original Let It Be album came out IT WASN'T ON IT!! Instead it appeared on a B side and wow. Quality man. Quality.


3 Get Back



The book is out next Wednesday and the Peter Jackson 6 hour series is due in early November. Now there's a second promo for it - as if it was possible that I could be even more excited to watch this!

And then I watched the promo.


4 Peter Jackson's sneak peek - another viewing!


5 Fanny - Hey Bulldog

A Lennon song that Fanny took by the scruff and did a great job.


Overtime: 



Here's the moment when the package arrived from JB Hi Fi (fantastic service from them as I had pre-ordered this months ago and my local courier to get it to me on the day of release in NZ). Jerry can smell genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment