Friday, February 7, 2020

Senses working overtime #248

Artists at home with their vinyl



I love those generic shots (I collect them on my Pinterest Music page). For instance - here's Francois Hardy putting on some early Slayer. Kidding. Probably something cool and French.

Marcus! Love you!




That's Marcus Aurelius, not the character from About A Boy!

New respect




I have new respect for Mitt Romney. The only Republican Senator with the gumption and integrity to stay true to his convictions*. Shame on the rest of the Trump lapdogs.

*
“My promise before God to apply impartial justice required that I put my personal feelings and political biases aside,” he said. “Were I to ignore the evidence that has been presented and disregard what I believe my oath and the Constitution demands of me, for the sake of a partisan end, it would, I fear, expose my character to history’s rebuke.”

Superbowl Ads

I missed this year's game - was at school leading the troops, pity, but in the end the great state of Kansas City (according to Donald Trump -hahahahahahahahahahaha, what an idiot) won the game that played around the adverts. I would have wanted the 49ers to win but the Steelers are my team.

Anyway, I enjoyed Dan Rockwell's wrap up of the best Superbowl ads of all time.

Ram Dass



Austin Kleon's blog lead me to this interview with Ram Dass who I first met/heard at a seventies music festival in NZ - Nambassa. My memory of the meeting was of a few people (maybe a dozen or so) sitting around Ram Dass (a.k.a. Richard Alpert) in a circle as he spoke to us about eastern philosophies. It was quite a moment!

Overtime: Beyond true and false

An appropriate article on Buddhist philosophy given my mention of Ram Dass.

No comments:

Post a Comment