Friday, March 23, 2018

Senses working overtime #152

1 Riding the 101 




I love this shot of my wife (on the right) and eldest daughter (driving on the left) as we travelled the 101 from San Francisco down to LA. 

The open road, donuts (the food in case you were wondering) along the way, the beautiful pacific coastline, great company. Magic.

I see it a lot as it's my banner picture on my Facebook page. 



Every time I see it when I open Facebook I think about that trip (start of 2017) and smile.

2 This little video gives a sense of that road trip.




3 To infinity and...how did that go again?
New Avengers movie - Infinity War is about to drop from the skies like Thor and his hammer of the gods coming from Asgard to save us pesky humans!! Yerrrrrrr boy!



4 I am like a bird, I'll only fly away.
Great poem:

from The Language of the Birds

A man saw a bird and found him beautiful. The bird had a song inside him, and feathers. Sometimes the man felt like the bird and sometimes the man felt like a stone—solid, inevitable—but mostly he felt like a bird, or that there was a bird inside him, or that something inside him was like a bird fluttering. This went on for a long time.

Richard Siken (2014)


5 Mad Men



Our viewing pleasure has centred around a return to Mad Men this week. And when I say 'our' I am including my wife under false pretenses. Allow me to explain...

I love Mad Men and have all the box sets from when box sets were the only way to view whole series.

Now we have Netflix. We'd temporarily run out of shows we both love. So I suggested we try Mad Men again (I made an attempt last year but we didn't get beyond season 1, episode 1).

I knew if we got into a routine that the rhythm of our nights would take over eventually and the characters would emerge from the smokey haze (neither of us have ever been smokers or drinkers so it takes some time to desensitise ourselves to the rampant smoking and drinking going on). 

So far so good. We've watched about 8 episodes of season 1 and the complaints are dwindling. I feel she'll get hooked soon if I'm persistent!

Stay on target!

Extra Texture - Blackberry Smoke
Speaking of smoking - these guys are hot! I played this over and over again this week when it came on the car ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment