Friday, December 1, 2017

Senses working overtime #136

1 The 'umble sandwich exalted

The Guardian do the honours - mines a tuna bagette thanks.

2 Man paints bridge



Great human interest story about Brian Russell, a guy who works on the Golden Gate Bridge in SF.

3 Darkest hour



I started to skim but quickly settled in to read the whole damned thing. Oddly compelling and fascinating. But I do have a thing for Winston Churchill and how he saved us all, so I guess it was inevitable.

4 Infinity War



New Avengers movie and the promo is full of promise. Stay with it to the end too - I smiled!

5 Twenty-six words we don't want to lose



Great article from The Guardian (where else?) on some spectacular words that I need to drop into the conversation. Frinstance: I'm especially looking forward to some frowst this Sunday morning!

Overtime: And so this is Christmas



Great antidote to all that saccharine piped Christmas muzak in department stores as November turns to December (first day of summer in Nu Zild) - both this article and Vince Guaraldi’s cool jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment