Friday, May 29, 2015

Senses working overtime #6

1 Clint Eastwood's Blues Piano 
This DVD has some brilliant moments - I love boogie piano. There's a great clip of Marcia Ball playing Red Beans and some older clips of my favourite - Pete Johnson with Albert Ammons



2  Presentation tips
This article gave me some great tips for a presentation I had to do for the staff. I was asked to share my thoughts on Twitter and Blogging at the next professional learning group meeting thing. Along the way the article led me to a fantastic Ted talk by...

3 Rory Sutherland
Rory is hilarious - if he wasn't an ad man he would have made an excellent stand up comedian. This Ted talk is well worth your time. I chortled away for a lot of the nearly 17 minutes. Aside from the jokes, he is really on the money with his thoughts on life and our perceptions.

4 San Francisco
I love San Francisco. One of our daughters lives there and our visit in 2013 for her wedding to a San Franciscan boy made all of us fall in love with SF's past charms. These photos from Life magazine are spectacular.





Lawrence Ferlinghetti in his iconic bookshop.

The Fabs arrive at SF airport.

5 The Arsenal
This weekend is the FA Cup final versus Aston Villa. A fitting time to remember this magic moment from the 1971 cup final win over Liverpool.

COME ON ARSENAL!!


Overtime 

Michelle Obama comes across as a very genuine person. Like the rest of the world I love how she conveys herself. This photo collection of her hugging people is awesome. I chose that one for the reactions. Sheer joy from such a simple human act. Well worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment