Friday, September 29, 2023

Senses working overtime #438

1 The feeling this week (first week of study break)


Photo by Keegan Houser on Unsplash


2 Watching: Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid




Having just finished Paul Newman's autobiography, I have been trying in vain to find his movies to watch. Slim pickin's on Netflix and Disney so went to my DVD collection for this one. 

I've watched it many times because of my love for William Goldman's work. First half is glorious but the Bolivia section suffers by comparison. Newman and Redford are brilliant - goes without saying I guess.


3 Reading: Anne Tyler - French Braid




It's a study break so a good time to catch up on my reading pile with this and the next few being read this week (turns out I bought this twice - fooled by different covers!).


4 Reading: Louis L'Amour - Utah Blaine




Always love to read a western or two in my break.


5 Listening: Joan Baez - Farewell Angelina




Overtime: 


Child development author Joseph Chilton Pearce reminds parents (and all leaders) of an important truth:

"What we are teaches the child far more than what we say, so we must be what we want our children to become."

(Courtesy of James Clear)

No comments:

Post a Comment