Friday, December 10, 2021

Senses working overtime #344

1 Ghost Signs



They are still to be found in London.


2  The sublime spectacle of Yoko in Get Back


John, Paul, George and Ringo, and Yoko.

 

3 The year in vibes - Kyle Chayka  




"Maybe we used the word (vibe) so much because 2021 itself has offered an unplaceable vibe. It is a year that feels as though it does and does not exist, a hangover from the depths of terror in 2020 that provides a significant improvement and yet remains vacuous and unstable".

4 The 50 best albums of 2021 


#1 according to Pitchfork


I own none of these albums, nor I have heard any of them - even Adele's. And I call myself a music fan. 

In a year when I bought a huge number of records, this tells me I am completely out of touch with popular music in 2021 (but that's not news - I have been for the last twenty years).

I will make an effort to listen to some of these in the next few weeks.


5 Mel Brookes



 


Overtime: How we became weekly




This one is apposite as Jewels For The Thirsty is my own artificial weekly contruction - this one is my 344th edition. 

It neatly marks my end of a week. and the start of a new round for my other blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment