Friday, August 27, 2021

Senses working overtime #329

This week I've been outside our property once (Friday afternoon for a 30 minute walk to buy some groceries at the local 4 Square) so my senses have been stimulated by rural things or else by things happening in my music lounge where I've set up an office, or elsewhere inside Maple Grove

With that in mind - here are this week's jewels:

1 Frosty mornings from a window 

 

Most days this week started with a lovely frost and then were followed by days full of brilliant sunshine. Spectacular late winter scenes ensued!

2 Equaliser 2

Post Olympics' TV has been pretty barren of thrills and spills. Stallone's Rambo Last Blood was unrelenting graphic violence and pretty yucky. But Denzil's second go around as The Equaliser was on the money - stylish, violent yes - but not OTT, with interesting characters and storylines. Worth our time!

3 Iron Butterfly



In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was the standout song on my songtrack this week - just the right amount of heavy/spaced out dumbness required for Lockdown. The live version on the pictured album is particularly spaced out. Jacinda would like it!


4 How Do You Live?


Finished this one and moved on to finishing off Mark Manson's counterintuitive approach to living a good life and my copy of The Arabian Nights.

5 Sunset - Effie Lee Newsome 

Since Poets have told of sunset, 
What is left for me to tell?
I can only say that I saw the day
Press crimson lips to the horizon gray, 
And kiss the earth farewell.

Overtime:  RIP Don and Charlie

Not a great week for rock fans. First Don Everly and then Charlie Watts left Planet Earth behind.

First album I reached for was Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out. Not only is Charlie the cover model but Mick's classic throwaway line is on it - Charlie's good tonight, inne!



No comments:

Post a Comment