Friday, July 2, 2021

Senses working overtime #321

1 A man, a dog and a walk around the world




2 Terminator 2: Judgment Day 



It's 30 years old! Still wonderful. And the American spelling of'judgement' still grates.

3  To the people

To the people
reading this poem, hello.
I want you to know
nothing bad will happen
as long as you’re here.
Every line you see
was written in a cab.
I’m on the FDR
in the middle of winter
and the sky is suddenly bluer
than Sundays in June.
There’s no reason for it.
No real science
to what will happen when
I get off at Chambers
and Broadway, wearing
gold and black sneakers
on my way to meet
a friend who is sad.
To my sad friends, hello.
For you I will be
a version of myself
I hardly remember.
I will be a lake
at the top of morning
some late afternoon into night.
And if you look away from
this page, to your right
there’s the world.
I am only trying to describe it.

—Alex Dimitrov, from "Poem Written In A Cab"

4 Detectorists



Loving this show! Season one was a hoot. We've just started on Season two and looks like Season three is out as well. 

5 Johnny Flynn's theme to the show...

...is special as well!

Overtime: When it's over...


“When it’s over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.
When it is over, I don’t want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don’t want to find myself sighing and frightened, or full of argument.
I don’t want to end up simply having visited this world.”

– Mary Oliver

(Courtesy of Swissmiss)

No comments:

Post a Comment