Friday, May 14, 2021

Senses working overtime #314

1 Hot jazz!



My love affair with vinyl continues unabated! This week I bought John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band - the new 2LP re-released set. The packaging is superb and the album still gives me tingles (and tears - the bit where he declares that he 'just believes in me, Yoko and me' - the bare honesty gets me!).




For me, it's my favourite record of all time with my favourite cover of all time, so how could I not shell out $99.95 for it even though I obviously have my original vinyl copy and two different CD copies.


2 Not worried, now that I've been vaccinated

I've now had my two doses of the vaccine and I am relieved to think that my chances of any serious covid-19 infection are extremely low. Really.

3 Photography at the centre of the art world?




4 Ballad - Diane Seuss

5 Experience: I've had the same supper for 10 years

Loved this story (and the subject).




Overtime: San Francisco's street signs.

Overtime: Marvel lettering (both of the overtimes from Laura Olin's newsletter)




No comments:

Post a Comment