Friday, January 8, 2021

Senses working overtime #296

1 World of Wearable Arts at Wellington's Te Papa


During the week Jacky and I travelled down to Wellington to see the WOW exhibition at NZ's national museum, a.k.a. Te Papa. Certainly a visual feast!

Christopher Milne

C.R. Milne with Pooh


I'm currently reading his first autobiography -  The Enchanted Places. As A.A. Milne's only son, Christopher Robin Milne has quite a story to tell. He tells it in a pretty oblique fashion which actually adds to its appeal in a curious way. 

Burton Cummings



Of course, while in Wellington I also visited Slow Boat Records and Rough Peel Music. It's a rule. 

At RPM I managed to find some bargains - among them two of Burton Cummings' solo records (I'm a big fan of The Guess Who) - a replacement copy of Dreams Of A Child (my old copy was past its use by date) and My Own Way To Rock. $3 each, both in mint condition! Score




are also must visit places for me when going to Wellington. I scored four more Anne Tyler novels in the process including Redhead By The Side Of The Road - her latest - first published in 2020. 

Pandoro Panetteria


Taste - we love Wellington's version of Pandoro Panetteria for breakfast or lunch.

Overtime: A bit more from the WOW Arts from #1 with the delightful Mrs Purdy in her element.

No comments:

Post a Comment