Friday, April 24, 2020

Senses working overtime #259

A Tale Of Two Cities


Like a lot of us I've been working from home (full tilt too as it happens) and I mistakenly thought that would give me an opportunity to read more of A Tale Of Two Cities but that time was swallowed up by urgent and important school stuff. So I'm slowly edging forward - right now on page 241 (of 307 in this edition).

It's grim - Paris in the revolution was no picnic! But I am loving the language and the removal to a traumatic time in the past as an antidote to the traumatic times of the present.

Although, it's ANZAC day in NZ and Australia today - a day to remember another traumatic time in our past. 

Interesting species aren't we?

Poetry corner (returns)



Poetry




Austin's zines


I love Austin Kleon's newsletters - always filled with great creativity. I urge you to check out his zines.

Sweet Baby James



The music of James Taylor is a great salve for these times. 

Overtime: 


No comments:

Post a Comment