Friday, December 13, 2019

Senses working overtime #240

Social climbers



Excellent piece from GQ puts you up on Everest with these people!

Seek first to understand




Believing without evidence is morally wrong!

Poetry corner


The Devotee

This man, short, balding, in his forties,
approached me at a reading & asked if
I would sign his book. His hands shook.

I thought he had some kind of condition.
Three days later he sent this email:
“I was at your reading in Louisville.

I loved the way you limped to the stage.
Do you know you’re beautiful? Do you
feel beautiful during sex? What’s it like?

I bought your book, which is about,
you know, this topic. I deserve a reply.”
I looked out the window for the birds

& the deer other poets are always seeing.
I want to be another poet, I thought.
I want to be any other poet but me.

Jillian Weise (2011)


Liverpool v Everton




Gulf between these two clubs is huge right now, but I love this photo (Goodison Park on left, Anfield on the right).

A love story




An incredible story of how former lovers at Auschwitz met again after 7 decades!

Overtime: Mind bending perceptual i
llusions
The illusion below, created by the artist Victoria Skye, was one of the top entries in the 2017 Best Illusion of the Year Contest. Believe it or not, the horizontal lines are all perfectly parallel. To prove this to yourself, just squint at the image or look at it from the side.




More of these stunners here.

No comments:

Post a Comment