Friday, March 29, 2019

Senses working overtime #203

1 Nu Zild


This week we returned to live in New Zealand (above picture is pretty much the first thing you see as you arrive at Auckland Airport) so my senses have been filled with familiar sights and smells and sounds. New Zealand life is a lot more relaxed than the UK. A lot more!

2 North Hollywood

On the way home we stopped off in North Hollywood to visit with our eldest daughter. Noho has its own feel. Which we really liked btw. The smells are interesting for a start, with cannabis being legal.


While there I visited downtown and Amoeba Music. Right by the CNN building and Sunset Blvd. The biggest independent music store apparently. Luvverly!

3 John and Yoko's room



Baby, you're a rich man: exploiting a moment part 9 - Joko's honeymoon suite at the Amsterdam Hilton has been turned into a weird kind of corporate shrine. Go look.

4 Jacinda-mania part two



I loved this article about our PM which appeared in The Guardian before we left the UK. I read it out to my wife and got quite emotional.

5 Great advice

I've been chain reading books of late. This is great advice from Austin:


My last book was The Beatles On The Roof - excellent on the lead up to the roof session in January 1969 with great attention to detail. 


I've stood on the footpath below and gazed up and wondered and this book fills in the gaps.

Overtime: In praise of WS Merwin (may he rest in peace)


No comments:

Post a Comment