Saturday, January 12, 2019

Senses working overtime #194

Affective presence



Explained.

New movies 



New year equals new expectations for some about to drop movies.

Ian Hunter



Of Mott the Hoople - recently, I managed to track down a copy of Diary of a Rock 'n' Roll Star from Hoyles on Charing Cross Rd. It was expensive at nearly 20 quid but, having finished it, I can tell you it's worth it (I notice it's cheaper on Amazon but I love the Foyles experience).

The Dharma of Star Wars



Now onto this which I found in the Star Wars corner at the aforementioned Foyles - yes, they have a whole corner of books devoted to Star Wars. This one is a geat blend of Buddhism and the Jedi tao. Be mindful of the living force!

Art Pepper



This has been a constant companion this week after I bought an album at Ray's Jazz - yes - in Foyles! You don't get that experience from Amazon d'ya!!


Overtime Red Garland
Thanks to a Jamie Cullum's BBC Radio 2 programme, I've recently discovered the joy of Red Garland on piano. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment