Saturday, December 15, 2018

Senses working overtime #190

Another work-heavy week



That means the interweb piles up unread and unacknowledged. Instead a steady diet of Brexit catastrophe on the BBC nightly news has been the order of the day.

Pointless



This precedes the BBC 6 o'clock and we've become addicted. Zander and Richard are a great comedy duo!

The Tattooist of Auschwitz



by Heather Morris has been my current book. Truthfully, I haven't had much of an opportunity for sustained reading so I've dipped into it over the week. Hopefully I'll be able to get into it more next week. Given it's the last week of the term that's unlikely but I live in hope.

Alan Parsons Project




I picked up a couple of APP records from Chaldon Books and Records a few weeks ago and these have been steady support this week. Specifically Pyramid and Tales of Mystery and Imagination.

Sexist advertising to be banned!



The Guardian ran this news item during the week about sexual stereotypes used to sell products, with some vintage ads that made me wonder what kind of world I'm living in these days. 

Overtime Endgames
There are a couple of Marvel products to look forward to: Captain Marvel and the latest of The Avengers mega movies.




No comments:

Post a Comment