Friday, July 8, 2016

Senses working overtime #64

1 And a hero comes along



Joseph Campbell had it right - the hero has a thousand faces. Nice medium.com update on what makes a hero.

2 John Oliver
Has become widely known and admired for his own satirical TV show. Here he is explaining English football to David Letterman. Hilarious!




3 Seth Godin
Yes, more groovy messages from Seth. This one is about the signals we send. Reminded me of the
Jerry moment.

 


4 Hollywood and movie sequels
They are mostly bad bad bad and here's why.

5 Legend of Tarzan




I grew up with Tarzan on the TV, in one of my favourite comics and on the big screen. I'm a fan. Fingers crossed for this latest version!

Overtime



Speaking of heroes - here's another one fer yer - I loved reading the Robert E. Howard Conan books when I was younger. Looks like a reboot is happening with Conan as well.

Same fingers are crossed coz Conan has been poorly treated at the movies (and I'm an Arnie fan!).

No comments:

Post a Comment