Friday, April 24, 2015

Senses working overtime #1

I'm taking a leaf out of James Whatley's great blog http://whatleydude.com/. He posts his Five Things On Friday each week. I don't want to replicate that - his Five Things... posts are his schtick. 

And. They. Are. Awesome. 
I bow my head and tip my hat to him.


I do want to use his rationale though and instead document the best sensual experiences at the end of each week - so, essentially, this blog is me feeding my face.

Here we go then, with Senses Working Overtime numero uno...

1 Sight - The new Fantastic Four reboot looks the business!! Why? Take a look at Thing. He finally looks like he should! AWESOME! I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Really!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POBI7OhGB18

2 Sound - Thelonious Monk At The Blackhawk is the best thing I heard this week. There's nothing better than listening to this in the evening. In this one Monk uses another tenor sax and a trumpet to augment his quartet. Amazing stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWJjj6239o

3 and 4 Touch - 

I'm reading Murakami's 1Q84 at the moment - still in book one (of three) and it's his usual wonderful quirky narrative style. He's telling the story of two, so far unconnected, people - a man (Tengo) and woman (Aomame) who are making bizarre life choices. He alternates the characters' progress each chapter. 

Aomame's first chapter starts with a taxi ride that takes on a somewhat surreal aspect when it gets stuck in gridlock. The taxi driver advises her to hop out and climb down from the elevated expressway they are on. His advice ends with the enigmatic - please remember:things are not what they seem.
"After you do something like that, the everyday look of things might seem to change a little. Things may look different to you than they did before. I've had that experience myself. But don't let appearances fool you. There's always only one reality."

The post you should click on this weekhttp://wozzasplace.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/sometimes-i-feel-like-screaming-deep.html

5 Taste - Loving Charlie's Straight Up Cola. Very smooth!

I'm an old school coke junkie who is trying to ween myself off the sugar by embracing Zero Coke. It's okay but the Charlie's variety promises less sugar so it's become my guilty pleasure.





Okay - so that's it for the first week of jewels. Hope you liked them. See you next weekend - in the meantime you can enjoy my posts throughout the week on my other blogs - conveniently located on the left hand side.

Caio fer naio.

No comments:

Post a Comment