Saturday, September 12, 2026

Senses working overtime #592

1 Spring is on the way at Maple Grove


Photo by Jan Huber on Unsplash


2 Watched: Alone Australia Season 4




This is the one where nine Aussies and one Kiwi aim to be the last person standing in the frozen wastes of northern Finland. A good season but I wanted Clint (the Kiwi farmer) to 'win'. He lasted until the final three contestants.


3 Listening: Monkee Business: The Revolutionary Made-For-TV Band (an audio book)




GK recommended this audio book to me, and I've been a keen listener this week on my daily pootling to school along State Highway 50.


4 Reading: Three Reasons For Revenge - Dervla McTiernan




The amazing Jodi, in the Iona College library, has started a book club which of course I joined! The concept is that members choose a mystery book in a brown bag. In mine was Three Reasons for Revenge. It's yet to catch fire but I'm hopeful. Hold the phone!! It just got interesting with a deep fake blackmail of a sexual nature plot change!


5 Listening: The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Jazz at Oberlin




Perdido is a clear standout on this live album from 1953.


Overtime: Judy Garland

Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment