Friday, June 12, 2015

Senses working overtime #8

1 Clarity and mystery




I am fascinated by design. In this article Chip Kidd explains the inspiration behind some of his designs. It's brilliant. 

2 The Guardian eye witness photos are often terrific. This one is of balloonists over east London in the Lord Mayor's Hot Air Balloon Regatta.



3 FIFA rats
This wonderfully written piece from the Washington Post is called How a curmudgeonly old reporter exposed the FIFA scandal that toppled Sepp Blatter  and you should read it!

4 How Labour lost it!
You'll need a cuppa and a bikkie or two to get through this longish read but it's worth it. How Ed Milliband lost the election (and Scottish Nationalist Party won it along with Cameron) is a fascinating study in leadership styles. I needed to read this to figure out how it all happened.

5 Lighthouse Family
I've gone back to using my ipod in the Purdmobile. Shuffle mode, of course. This Lighthouse Family chune came on, one of my favourites, and it reminded about the cool video that accompanied it back in the day:



Overtime: Count On Me
I've had this stuck in my head for a few days. We use it at school from time to time. There is a lovely naive innocence vibe going on. Enjoy. And sing along. Go on. It's good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment