Friday, June 17, 2016

Senses working overtime #61

1 Grace Slick



I think I've always been in love with Grace. She is so wonderful, so talented, so funny, with such a beautiful spirit. You get a sense of it as she discusses writing White Rabbit.



2 A movie written by algorithm
Hmm - not sure what I think about this - Sunspring is a sci-fi movie written by artificial intelligence. Definitely fits into 'senses working overtime', though.

3 Girl squad
This NY Times 'report' on the Hillary Clinton/ Liz Warren meeting is hilarious!! I wish I could write clever stuff like this.

4 Brain Pickings
I love tuning into the more cerebral delights of Brain Pickings. This latest piece on reading centres attention on Hermann Hesse in a stunning way!

5 Ellen's set



I saw this picture on my Twitter feed and while it didn't inspire me to go to the link, it did make me admire the set: the white square seating (which allows the humans to float via their darker clothing); the contrasting natural textures of the (fake?) wooden coffee table with book/(fake?) flowers/coffee mugs (not cups); fake cityscape with palm trees projected onto the big screen behind her; the highly polished floor. All gleaming, all fake warmth or fake expanse. It's actually really really well done!

Overtime

Song of the week and, yes, I love Steven Wilson's stuff: Lazurus by Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment