Friday, April 8, 2022

Senses working overtime #361

1 A Terrible Kindness



I'm the first in our family to get a dose of covid-19. This week my senses have been assaulted but are standing firm. My sense of taste and smell are still there - maybe a tad diminished but hanging in there.

This week's episode of JFTT is about the other ones that are carrying me through.

First up - A Terrible Kindness by Jo Browning Wroe. I wouldn't have found this without a recommendation from a good buddy. It's superbly written and has transported me back in time and place to England in the late 50's and 60's.

I've managed to read it a few chapters at a time in my more lucid moments along with...


2 No Way Back - Andrew Gross




This is for when I don't want to think too much. Nowhere near as well written as A terrible Kindness, but good to get lost in and nod off to. A colleague at school lent this to me.


3 Formula 1: Drive to Survive



Another colleague clued me to this. It's noisy, brash, sweary and addictive viewing (and I am NOT a petrol head at all).
 
Again - great for when no thinking is required.

Have been binge viewing - now halfway through season 3.

4 I Call Your Name

A great playlist on Spotify that two buddies and I put together recently.


5 Knowing men - Holly Haworth




Finally in this edition, before the overtime that is, coming out of covid-ville, I read this essay about men by a woman which ends up being more about women. Just saying.


Overtime: 



No comments:

Post a Comment